|This is no longer a website for the Watauga County Schools. Please go to www.watauga.k12.nc.us/ to see the current website. If you were directed to this page by the search engine on the current site and are having difficulty finding the information you need on that site, please contact your school if you are seeking school information or Marshall Ashcraft (firstname.lastname@example.org) for district information. Thank you.|
Twenty Tips for a Healthier, Happier Family by Tom Carr
1) TAKE A CLOSE LOOK AT YOURSELF How is your own self-esteem ? Are you involved with others? Do you join clubs, groups, etc. ? Do you have any time just for you ?
2) WORK AT DEVELOPING A STRONG, LOVING RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR SPOUSE A strong relationship includes good communication, affection, compassion, honesty, acceptance, dependability, sense of humor, romance, patience and freedom.
3) AFFECTIONATELY TOUCH EACH OF ONE OF YOUR CHILDREN EVERY DAY.
4) PROVIDE A POSITIVE ROLE MODEL FOR YOUR CHILDREN. The old saying, "Do as I say, not as I do", doesn't work. Positive role-modeling is probably the most powerful discipline "tool" there is.
5) BEGIN FAMILY TRADITIONS. Children seldon remember what they received as a birthday present when they were ten years old but they will never forget such family traditions as special Christmas foods or always going on a picnic on the first day of spring!
No "Department Files" exist(s)